Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Verbal Communication

So it begins, my little guy talks gibber. Is that a word, gibber? It means words that can't be recognized, or does it? Is that how you spell it? Damn it, I don't know. I have to admit my vocabulary/grammar is not the best. I curse and I use broken English. I used to use the past participle verb tense incorrectly aka "I seen the movie twice." I say, "used to" because my husband spent the first year of our relationship correcting me. I'm impressed with people that use big words. Golly gee, sometimes I have no idea what the word means, but I nod my head and agree with what they are saying. My big word is melancholy = which is the most played out big word a person can have. Maybe it's because of my Appalachian roots or my lack of desire in knowing the English language. I am a college graduate of two degrees, you would think I would have a few better words than melancholy. So how do I get my beautiful little boy to have an expansive, impressive vocabulary? Let's hope his Dad can lead in the language category.

2 comments:

  1. I hate grammer too!! I am teaching Adrienne 5th grade grammer and it is soooo hard!

    ReplyDelete
  2. omg..u r soooo funny! That's ok..most of those people that use those big words, IF they do know what they mean ONLY know what they mean b/c they have looked it up and have made a point to know what those words mean:) Trust me...it's not b/c they are smart!!!! :-) LOL

    P.S. Or at least that is what I choose to believe...it makes me feel better:)

    ReplyDelete