Monday, March 23, 2009

First visit to the ER

On Saturday, I decided to give Dane formula. On days when his grandma comes to babysit, I like to have breast milk available for her to feed. The problem is.... when I pump breast milk, I feel like my supply won't have enough for his next feeding (maybe it's because he eats so often). Honestly, I would like to be able to give him formula once in awhile and not have to pump when I plan to leave. Back to the story, on Saturday morning, I gave Dane formula and a few hours later, he was violently vomiting and dry heaving for about an hour. Also during the episode, he was OMG passing out or AKA going to sleep. I thought for sure I had poisoned him. Talk about feeling guilty, whoa. We rushed him to the ER fearing that he might die from something. I would say this a first time parents syndrome, but people told us that it will always be like this until Dane moves out and even then the worrying never leaves. Thankfully he seemed to get better shortly after arriving at the ER. After 4 hours of waiting, the doctor said he was fine and had a tummy ache. It just so happened that my husband had our camera in his pocket because originally we were planning on visiting family. Awww, poor little baby boy...


Speaking of formula, I've tried 5 different kinds over the last few months. He either gags, simply refuses them, or see above. I wish there was a place where mothers could take their opened formula. They're so expensive and I know there are babies starving somewhere that could use it. Something tells me there is an abundance of formula that gets thrown in the trash.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh! That first trip to the E.R. is SO scary. I am glad Dane is o.k. I owe you a phone call and I have been so busy. I put the exersaucer in the back of my mom's car on Sat. so hopefully she can get it to you this week. I'll call you later.

    ReplyDelete