Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Christmas Tree

I didn't plan on getting a Christmas tree this year. With Dane being one, I knew it would be more of a bother than an enjoyment. He is into everything. He LOVES to destroy anything. But when I saw a "table top" tree at Whole Foods, I couldn't pass it up. It was perfect. I'm so happy I got it. It really has brought our family some Christmas joy. I can't wait until future years when we can get a big tree. We'll always get a live tree too because there is something about the fresh pine and the little imperfections that make them impeccable. Brad spent at least a half hour straightening the tree as it was so crooked, it was pointing sideways. :)

What makes the tree even more special is the decorations on it. They were bought many years ago when Brad and I spent our first Christmas together.

Now I must get off here and finish my online shopping before he wakes up from his nap. Dane has been sick therefore we haven't been able to get out and shop.

2 comments:

  1. we got a table top tree too! there was just no way i was going to keep elsie anne away from one on the floor! it really does bring the xmas spirit out of all of us! when ea wakes up in the morning she always says, "hey daaaare!" to it:) so much fun, these little guys!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea! William has taken the ornaments off our tree SO many times already!!!

    ReplyDelete