Monday, October 26, 2009

Solitude in the Shower

I wanted to jot this down so I don’t forget how much this simple pleasure means to me right now. Before I had a baby, I showered because it was just another one of those daily tasks that had to be accomplished. Over the past 10 months, 3 weeks, the shower has been so very important to me. I savor the silence. I savor the warm water hitting my face. I savor the steam surrounding me. I savor the overall relaxation I get from it. I can remember when Dane was only a few months old and would cry constantly. The shower was my only escape. And even though Dane rarely cries anymore, I still find solitude in the shower. A few deep breaths in the shower and I feel alive. I never knew something so simple would mean so much to me; the things you learn when you’re a mom.

He used to cry so much, I thought... I must be doing something wrong. I think other people even might have thought... she is doing something wrong.


Now I know I didn't do anything wrong....

2 comments:

  1. I hear ya sister!!!! I feel the same way. After you have kids it really is the simple things in life that mean so much!!!
    Although now that I have four kids I feel like to even take a shower without someone knocking on the door is a miracle!
    BTW...love Dane's shirt in the 2nd picture. What is he going to be for Halloween??
    We need to get together soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, you said it... i couldn't agree w/ you more! the little things that mean so much + can make your day so much better:)

    ReplyDelete